IIAS Photo Contest 2019
IIAS is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, concluding with ICAS 11 in Leiden, 16-19 July 2019. In this context, we are organising a photo contest in which everyone can participate. The winners will be announced during ICAS 11.
Please send us your photographs by using our online form. You are welcome to start uploading on 1 March 2019. See the rules and regulations below for further details.
We ask you to send in a maximum of 3 photographs per person and category, for the following two categories:
Your most memorable picture taken during an IIAS event
The first category for which we would like to receive pictures concerns all IIAS activities from our beginning in 1993 until now. Please send us your most memorable photo(s) taken during a conference or other activity in which IIAS played a role. Besides pictures taken during such events, photographs taken in the framework of activities carried out in the context of a research programme also qualify.
'Asia and Europe. Asia in Europe.'
This is the special focus theme of ICAS 11 - Let your imagination roam free!
You may send in a maximum of three photos per category. It doesn't matter when the photo was taken, but you must have taken the photo(s) yourself, and deliver them digitally (.jpg/.jpeg) in accordance with the instructions and conditions for participation (mentioned below). Please also submit short descriptions of each photo.
Besides rewarding the best three photos in both categories with a prize to the value of 100 euros (in gift certificates), we also intend to include some of the entries in a retrospective exhibition of the various IIAS activities over the years. The exhibition will take place during ICAS 11. In addition, the winning images will be published in The Newsletter crediting you as the photographer. By submitting your photos, you grant IIAS the right to use your photo(s) in IIAS publications and for the photo exhibition during ICAS, mentioning your name as the photographer.
IIAS will judge the entries on the basis of relevance to the category as well as aesthetic and informative value. The winners will be announced during ICAS 11, 16-19 July 2019. We hope that you will be there for the occasion!
Instructions / Conditions for participation
- This IIAS Photo Contest begins 1 March 2019 at 00:01 Central European Time (CET), and ends 1 May 2019 at 23:59 CET.
- Participants may submit a maximum of 3 photos per category.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a short description, mentioning your full name, the category and photo file name, the date it was taken and where, and an explanation about what is shown in the picture (max 100 words).
- Entries will only be accepted if they have been submitted via the IIAS wetransfer site (address provided below).
- All photo entries must be in digital format, saved as a JPEG (.jpeg or .jpg).
- The description(s) must be submitted at the time the photograph(s) is/are submitted, in one of two ways: a) via the wetransfer message field or b) by uploading a separate text file (.doc or .doc(s) or .rtf or .txt).
- By entering the contest, the contestant acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the contestant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. IIAS is in no way accountable for any copyright infringements that may occur – these responsibilities lie solely with the contestants.
- Photos that feature other people’s work (e.g., paintings or sculptures) must comply with copyright regulations (i.e., have been given written permission to use). Responsibility lies with the contestant.
- All contestants grant an irrevocable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to IIAS to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit), in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: The Newsletter, the IIAS website, IIAS monthly updates, IIAS promotional materials, the IIAS Flickr webpage, the IIAS Instagram page, etc. IIAS will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
Please don't forget include a description for each photo with::
- the file name of the picture
- the date and place
- the category for which you are submitting the picture
- an explanation about what is shown in the picture (max 100 words)
And if not part of your email address, your full name.
Upload photos and text to https://iias.wetransfer.com/
We will be accepting entries until 1 May 2019.
Banner images reproduced under a Creative Commons license courtesy of Reuben Stanton on Flickr. Original Image: https://www.flickr.com/photos/absent/2145855570 License: CC BY-NC 2.0