IIAS regularly monitors and updates the information on this website. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy. Should you identify any inaccuracies on this website, please notify the web editors at email@example.com.
No rights can be derived from the information contained in the IIAS website. The website may contain links to websites of third party organisations. IIAS cannot be held responsible for any consequences arising from the use of information obtained from these websites.
The information on this website, text as well as images, is and remains the property of IIAS, unless otherwise stated.
Links to other websites
Visitors to the IIAS website can follow links to other sites, such as those of authors, fellows, electronic resources or affiliated institutions, and to channels such as YouTube that host videos of events. IIAS bears no responsibility for visits to these sites.
The IIAS website uses so-called ‘cookies’, small text files that are stored on your computer. These cookies enable us to monitor visitor statistics via Google Analytics, Google’s web analysis service. IIAS does not use this data to track individual visitors, but to gain a general impression of the number of visitors to the website, the pages most frequently visited, the kind of search requests, etc. With this information we are then able to make improvements to our website where necessary.
If you do not wish to accept any cookies, you have the option of blocking them in the settings for your internet browser.
General Data Protection Regulation
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force, strengthening European privacy law. IIAS respects your right to privacy and treats your personal data with care. We do not share your information with third parties.
To our subscribers we send the following information:
- The Newsletter is published 3 times a year, and distributed in both electronic and paper formats. Please leave your postal address below if you would like to receive a paper copy. If you are subscribing on behalf of your institute or department, or if you would like to receive multiple copies, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Update is our monthly announcement of upcoming events and institutional news.
- The Paragraph is a monthly selection of latest book reviews and titles available for review.
- Occasionally, we send out call for papers or information about other academic activities you can participate in and contribute to.
- Tick the ICAS Matters checkbox if you like to stay updated about the biennial International Convention of Asia Scholars. You will only receive ICAS mailings in the run-up to each next convention.
Subscribers can edit their contact details and mailing preferences or unsubscribe easily by following a link at the end of our mail messages.
IIAS is active on the social media platforms Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. Users of social media are responsible for their own privacy settings on these platforms.
Participants in events
For programming purposes, IIAS collects personal data from participants in its activities. We do not share this information with third parties without participants’ permission. Personal data will not be used for publicity purposes without participants’ permission.